Collaboration with the Medical Technology Centre of Research Excellence @ Auckland University
In 2016 we approached the Medical Technology Centre of Research Excellence (MedTech CoRE) who were keen to collaborate with us on a bigger outreach project.
- To showcase the impact of the research by the Medical Technology Centre of Research Excellence
- To introduce MedTech CoRE to the general public in order to build awareness of the sector in New Zealand
- To engage intermediate school children into medical technology
- To communicate the excitement, impact and fun that a career in the MedTech field can bring.
800-1000 visitors over the period of ten days
- The General Public
- Auckland school children aged 8 to 14
- More than 2,000 visitors over nine days end Oct 2016 (More than five hundred school children during the week & more than 1,500 visitors during the two adjacent weekends (one of which was the Auckland Marathon weekend)
- Excellent feedback: interactivity of the exhibits, broad appeal to young and old and opportunity to interact with researchers themselves were the main attractions
“Working with the TestPod on our “MedTech: Changing the Face of Medicine” exhibition was a great experience. The TestPod provided us an opportunity to explore an area unfamiliar to our researchers, promoting their research to the general public to create awareness. The outcome of our SILO6 event demonstrated to us a clear public interest in learning more around science and research. Looking forward to our paths crossing again sometime in the future.”
Nina Pettersson-Fox, Doctoral Training Programme Coordinator